Announcement for our patients
Lexington Eye Associates is now open for urgent and non-urgent visits. Please review our PATIENT VISIT INSTRUCTIONS AND SAFETY RULES we have adopted to keep everyone safe and healthy
- Due to COVID-19, Lexington Eye Associates will be seeing patients by appointment only. Please contact our office at 781-876-2020 to schedule an appointment. Our Optical shops will also be open by appointment only.
- We are making every effort to minimize contact, such as copying insurance cards and physically exchanging cash or credit cards. Patients should receive an email or text message ahead of their appointment to complete their registration and provide payment electronically. For your safety and the safety of our staff, we ask that patients complete the registration ahead of arriving to their appointment. If you are unable to complete the registration online, you will need to contact our office ahead of your appointment to complete the registration by telephone.
- Patients will be pre-screened for any symptoms of coronavirus prior to their appointment and will be asked to reschedule if any symptoms are present.
- Patients will be pre-screened to determine if the patient or anyone in their household traveled internationally or domestically outside of the following states: MA, ME, VT, NH, RI, CT, NY, NJ in the last 14 days. If so, the individual would need to self-quarantine for 14 days or have a negative COVID-19 viral test within 3 days of being seen.
- Patients will be pre-screened to determine if they are a resident or worker at a nursing home, assisted living facility, or long term facility. Residents of the facility must either quarantine for 14 days or have a negative COVID-19 test within 7-10 days of the visit. Workers of the facility will be screened to determine the employee’s use of PPE.
- We ask that upon arrival to our office, please stay in your vehicle. Please reply to the registration text message letting us know that you have arrived. We will text you when you are cleared to enter the office.
- All patients, employees and physicians will have their temperature checked prior to entering our offices. Any temperature at or above 100.4 will need to reschedule.
- All patients will be required to wear a mask (non-valve) while in our office.
- No visitors will be allowed to accompany patients unless required for accessibility issues or for parents/guardians accompanying a minor.
- All waiting areas and exam rooms will be cleaned carefully between patients.
- Our Optical shops will be open by appointment only. One patient will be allowed in the Optical area at a time, and all frames and optical equipment will be carefully sanitized between patients.
Lexington Eye Associates is also offering telemedicine appointments for some patient complaints. These virtual visits allow our doctors to call you the same day at a scheduled time to discuss your condition, tell you whether you need to come in, and prescribe medication if needed. If you would like to schedule a telemedicine appointment, please call our office at 781-876-2020.
We hope that by sharing these processes with you, you will be confident that Lexington Eye is prepared to care for you in a safe and welcoming environment.
Please do not delay your eye care as postponing care for an eye condition can be harmful. Annual eye and well visits are also important to prevent future issues. We look forward to seeing you soon.
The Physicians of Lexington Eye Associates